Cajun Boudin Dip
This creamy, cheesy, and dreamy dip recipe by @flychefaldenb is a party essential. Be sure you…Get Recipe
2 lbs chicken things
Tony Chachere’s Original Seasoning
Tony Chachere’s Spice N’ Herbs Seasoning
4 cups chicken broth
1 cup diced celery
1 cup diced carrots
3-4 strips of bacon diced (optional)
3 tbs butter
1 tbs minced garlic
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp of each: fresh sage, thyme, rosemary
1 cup half and half
2 cups flour (for dumplings)
1 tbs baking powder (for dumplings)
1 tsp Tony Chacher’s Spice N’ Herbs Seasoning (for dumplings)
1 cup butter milk (for dumplings)
1. Season each side of chicken thighs liberally with Tony Chachere’s Original Seasoning. Cook over medium high heat for a couple minutes per side, or until each side is browned. Add in chicken broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes or until chicken easily shreds. Remove chicken and broth from pot.
2. In the same pot, add in diced bacon, celery, and carrots. The bacon in this dish is optional but highly recommended. The grease from the bacon is going to add flavor and help us make a roux. Season with Tony Chachere’s Spice N’ Herbs Seasoning. Cook until bacon is browned. Melt in the butter. Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant (about 1 minute).
3. Whisk in flour and cook until browned (a couple minutes). Return chicken broth and chicken to pot. Stir to combine. Add in half and half and fresh herbs. Reduce heat to a simmer and cover. This will cook for about 5-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make the dumplings. Add all the dry ingredients to a bowl and stir to combine. Add in butter milk and stir to combine. Form dumplings that are about 1″ in size.
5. Add dumplings to pot. Stir around a little to make sure they are covered a little but by out liquid. Bring to a simmer. Cover pot and cook for 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!
Bring a little spice to your email inbox with Tony Chachere's Creole Club!